Monday, January 25, 2010

Had to take That Kid to the pedi again :(

He's had an awful cough for the past few days...probably since Wednesday or Thursday. He wasn't complaining about anything else, and wasn't running a fever, so we weren't too concerned. Friday, his teacher said that he just wasn't himself (plus he BIT one of the aides in the class! Holy Biting Child, Batman! We thought he was pretty much over that!), and as the weekend progressed his cough got worse and worse.

I started getting freaked out, so we went in this morning. We saw "Dr. B*tch of the World" as That Dad calls her. That Kid was charming, and even kissed her before we left. She said, "Awwwwwww...that made my day!" and gave him a hug. See...he has good social skills! :)

And, the verdict is...a double ear infection (He never, ever complained about his ears!) and a mild case of RSV. That Kid...when he gets sick he makes sure to get REAL sick!

2 comments:

  1. Bless his poor little heart! I had ear infections a lot as a kid. Has anybody checked out a possible connection between recurrant infections and his speech delay? Could be that once he's outgrown the infection stage, the rest might correct itself. I'm always interested in that type of thing. I studied Speech Path for a year in college before I changed to English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's had his hearing checked twice this fall, and it's OK. I'm not sure where his speech delay comes from. And honestly, the last ear infection he had was in.......March? February or March of last year. I remember because I was bringing a cooler home from California with his meds in it, and I got stopped by the TSA for trying to bring garlic butter through, too. No garlic butter...it's a liquid, you know!

    ReplyDelete