Here are 25 random things about me...things that I think you might be interested in, but I would never devote a whole blog to.
1. When I was 3, my picture appeared in The Triplicate, my hometown paper. I told people I was a "celebity".
2. My proposal from That Dad included the words, "Are you going to have a cigarette?" Best proposal ever!
3. I had the chicken pox twice. Once in the 3rd grade, once in the 8th grade.
4. I moved to The Mile High City when I was 23. My mother told people that I had "ran away from home". She didn't take my departure very well.
5. I was going to audition for American Idol in 2005, but didn't, because That Dad and I were going to adopt my cousin's baby. So, I skipped the auditions, then the day after the auditions, That Dad sat me down and told me that he didn't think it was wise for us to adopt the baby. He ruined my chance to be discovered! Anyone else think that he waited to talk about it until the audition day had passed for a reason?
6. Baking is one thing I really enjoy doing. However, I do not take it well when things don't turn out. That Dad has had to enjoy things such as carrot cake in a bowl (looking back, I was ahead of the times...essentially I had made cake balls without rolling them into balls and dipping them in chocolate). Truffles, on the other hand, I have never had a problem with. I make a gooooooooood truffle!
7. I also like cooking. My cooking is better than my baking, for the most part. My grilling, on the other hand, is not. That Dad does not like chicken jerky. Whatever...one mistake and I'm not allowed to use the grill. Ugh.
8. When I was 3, I had an imaginary sister named Krinna. She was an awful child. She'd mess my room up, and do awful things like leave the water running in the bathroom sink and lock the bathroom door. I've heard she got held back in the 7th grade, got knocked up in the 8th grade and is now running the streets of San Francisco with her children. They've formed a Partridge Family like band to make money.
9. I have never broken a bone.
10. I have visited Boulder, CO specifically to go to JonBenet Ramsey's house. I wanted to take pictures, but decided that would be disrespectful so I just looked at the house from the street and cried a little.
11. During the first year of That Kid's life, I took over 10,000 pictures of him. That number has significantly decreased as he's gotten older.
12. My first pet was a goldfish named Crystal. My Daddy also had a goldfish at the same time named Tony. I overfed them once and said, "I hope Tony dies and not Crystal!"
13. Had I been a boy, I was going to be named Anthony David, and called Tony. I think my Dad had an obsession with the name Tony. Can't use it for a kid? Give it to a fish.
14. Had That Kid been a girl, his name would have been Danica, after Indy car driver (and soon to be NASCAR driver) Danica Patrick.
15. My favorite movie is Rosemary's Baby.
16. In high school, I was on the tall flag team. We would create routines with 6' long flags that we performed at football games with the Marching Band. I don't know how many times I hit myself on the head while tossing a flag...but at least I never hit anyone ELSE on the head!
17. That Dad and I used to have a cat named Martina. She was our first pet together, and was more work than we thought she was going to be. About 2 1/2 years after we got her, she was diagnosed with diabetes. She had to eat special food, and get insulin shots twice a day. We did this for about 2 years, then she got too sick and we had to put her to sleep. Now, she resides on our mantle in a small wooden box.
18. In November of 2008, I went to my first NKOTB concert and met the drummer and guitarist, Chris and Fish, while trying to meet the boys. And I have seen them on stage twice, and once on Jimmy Kimmel Live since meeting them, so I know it was really them and they were really who they said they were, and not just two creepy guys.
19. I was awarded a medal for Vocal Excellence by the Marines when I was in High School.
20. I'm not nearly as interesting as I thought I was.
21. That Dad and I have a Dasani water bottle that Sammy Hagar drank out of. We got it at a concert. That Dad's friend was up on stage (because he has that kind of luck); and when Sammy was done drinking from the bottle, he threw it behind his head. That Dad's friend caught it, and gave it to us for driving him and his wife to the show. :)
22. When I go to visit my Mom and Dad, we have to eat at a specific chinese restaurant so I can get lemon chicken. I just can't find any place that makes it as good as this restaurant does!
23. That Dad and I ended up having a slumber party on our wedding night. We had a huge hotel room (they called it the Penthouse...it had two bedrooms and three beds), so That Dad's friends stayed with us. And I was so exhausted, that I went to bed before everyone else.
24. Until I was 31, I bit my nails. Not sure what changed when I turned 31, but I just stopped.
25. Don't tell That Kid, but I don't mind watching most of his shows with him. The only one I can't stand is Wow Wow Wubbzy. And sadly, that's the one he wants to watch the most.
I guess I already knew all of these things. Because I'm Your Mom!
ReplyDeleteWell,maybe except #s 15 21 and 25
ReplyDeleteYou didn't know about the water bottle, Mama? Next time you're here you need to hold it. It's pretty cool.
ReplyDelete