Saturday, January 16, 2010

More gym talk...

Last night, I went to the gym. Crunchy Mama and I were going to start this 5k training, but honestly I'm not training for a 5k. I don't want to participate in a 5k, so I don't want to train for one, either. So, while Crunchy Mama does her 5k training, I do my own thing. And last night, I started something I call 30 30 30. Maybe those will be my measurements when I'm cute and skinny. 30 30 30 would certainly be better than what I'm at now...even if it's not curvy!

So, my 30 30 30 thing...it's 30 minutes on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the elliptical, and 30 minutes on the bike, not using the same machines in the same order each time. I've done it two days in a row now. The first 30 minutes I used the elliptical tonight. Fairly easy to make it through. The second 30 minutes, I rode the bike. Even easier to get through, because I was reading while riding and that makes things go faster. ;) The last 30?!? I didn't want to do it. But, I kept telling myself that I *could* do it, and if I did do it, That Dad would be thrilled with me. So, I got on that treadmill.

Tuesday night on The Biggest Loser, they were running the treadmill at an inclination of 10, and speed of 3. I just wanted to see what an inclination of 10 would feel like. I think I managed 2 minutes before going back to an inclination of 1.5 (then eventually zero...). I had about 10 minutes left tonight, and I just wanted to stop. But then...inspiration came from my Mp3 player. The King, singing A Little Less Conversation. And I was pumped. I listened to it once, got to the end and pushed repeat. Listened to it again and even sped the treadmill up, and my time was over!!! I had done it!

Friday night, my inspiration to keep going was I'm Fabulous, from the Phineas and Ferb soundtrack. Maybe I should just put those two songs on repeat, and I'll be the most motivated girl in the gym!!

Who knows what tomorrow will bring. Can I handle 30 30 30 for THREE days in a row? Or will it be 20 20 20? I'll be back tomorrow with the answer. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment