Yesterday was an odd day. That Kid started his first day of afternoon preschool. That Dad and I went to our favorite breakfast place for lunch, and then to the Bullseye Store. Not so different. Things that were different...
1. That Dad, while blowing his nose said, "Sorry for blowing my nose so loudly!" and I said, "It's OK! Everybody does it...kind of like that book 'Everybody Poops'." And That Dad said, "Uh-huh...Shania (as in Twain, his country music girlfriend) doesn't. I bet she poops roses, diamonds, and tiny puppies." And That Dad started laughing so hard when I told him, "Roses have thorns, diamonds are pointy and even tiny puppies are pretty big to poop!" that he almost crashed.
2. We went to another store...um...it's BIG and has LOTS of stuff. We had an hour. We did our shopping and made our way to the front of the store...and the line was longer than I had ever seen it. There was no way we were going to make it through the line, and to pick up That Kid from school in time. So I found the first employee I saw (who happened to be the manager), and asked her if we could leave our cart full of stuff there and come back in about 20 minutes to purchase it and she said we could. So, we took off to get That Kid and came back. It took probably 25 minutes. By the time That Dad went back in, they had restocked all the stuff. Wasn't a big deal, there wasn't anything that important in there...except maybe the ice melt. And my shaving gel.
3. We almost DID crash yesterday, for real. Today there was supposed to be a snow storm. They were calling for 1-3 inches. So, the city decided to spray the streets in advance for the storm. They use sodium chloride, I believe. What I do know is that stuff is slicker than snot. That Dad, while driving to pick up That Kid from school, made a right hand turn. And the next thing I know we're up on the sidewalk, right by a bus stop. Thankfully there were no pedestrians, and no one waiting for the bus, and we didn't hit either of the poles that were on the sidewalk. I told That Dad the city should wait until the flakes start flying to spray that nasty stuff...we didn't even get a HALF INCH. No was was the sodium chloride needed for a half inch of snow!
Today we have a meeting with That Kid's teachers, and we get to meet his new teacher. And then I get to go to the dentist for a filling. Could today BE any more fun??
I'm so glad to be following your blog now! I know without a doubt that it will be one of my favorites. ; )
ReplyDelete