and he's probably right. That Kid had to go visit Dr. M today. He sees Dr. M once a year now. This was actually his 3 year check up. Yes, I'm well aware that my child turned 3 in October. ;) However, I had to cancel his appointment in October and this was the soonest we could get in. That alone says we should probably get a new pediatrician, huh?
So, knowing that not only it takes 4 months to get an appointment to see the doctor, but once you actually have an appointment and come to the office, it takes at LEAST 45 minutes for the doctor to come into the room, I let That Kid bring my Nintendo DS to play while we were waiting. He gets to play it when he has appointments, or when we're shopping. This way he does his own thing and is happy, and we can shop in peace and WE are happy! That was a mistake. He was in the middle of playing when she came in, and threw a huge fit when I took the game back. Then, he wouldn't look her in the eye (which isn't unusual, he never looks anyone in the eye). She thinks that we need to go to a developmental pediatrician to see if he has delays past his speech delay. She also thinks we need to take him to a pediatric ophthalmologist because he refuses to participate in eye exams, and that when he's 5 we will start discussing medicinal options for ADHD.
Needless to say, That Dad is done. He thinks our pediatrician is a nutjob. I'm going to be talking with his teacher tomorrow to set up a meeting and get not only her thoughts, but the thoughts of That Kid's occupational and speech therapists. They see him daily, they know him much better than his doctor does.
A second opinion def sounds like a good idea.
ReplyDelete