Last night, I finished up watching The Biggest Loser from Tuesday night. While I was watching, I started feeling guilty about the cheeseburger I had eaten earlier in the day, so I started doing push ups (because I'm a NINJA!). Real push ups, not sissy girl ones. I managed to do 6 before That Kid ran my hand over with his bike. Slapped him around a bit, then did 5 more. Then I went to brag on myself to That Dad, who was sufficiently impressed, but wondered if I did sissy girl push ups. I told him, "Heck no, I don't do sissy girl push ups! Watch this!" And then the following...
I got into awesome push up position. I pushed down. And I dropped to the floor in agony. I have pulled something in my stomach, and it feels like my c-section incision (that is over 3 years old, mind you) has ripped open. OK...fine, I'm over exaggerating. But it hurts like nothing I've ever felt before (except recovering from my c-section). The extra 31.6 pounds from That Kid jumping on my back when I started my push up (half a push up?) probably had much to do with it.
On a happier note, I think General Larry Platt is probably the most awesome thing to have ever come from American Idol. Don't know who he is? Go to You Tube and enter his name, watch the video, and prepare to be amazed. Then Google him. He's pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment