Since joining the gym, I've been trying to make it at least once a week, but with no one to join me it's been hard for me to find the motivation. Well, this month I had to start paying...my four months of free time are up. Thankfully, Crunchy Mama decided she wanted to get back into it this month! ;) We went three times last week; on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
Tuesday, I went, and I did what I was supposed to do, but my heart wasn't in it. Lots of stuff on my mind regarding the rental (That Dad was there looking at the damage created by the plumber; thankfully it's minimal and was repaired to our satisfaction for now so we don't have to get anyone in to do further repair work), and I just didn't want to be there. But I went. We skipped around on machines quite a bit, and I have no idea how many miles we did. Probably 1, all together!
Thursday, I was much more into it. We went earlier in the evening, and I wasn't thinking about anything but working out. We did a mile on the treadmill, a mile on the bike, and 3/10 of a mile on the elliptical, which is truly the Devil's exercise equipment. Oh, and I did 50 crunches. Go me!
Saturday, we went early in the day. Too early. I couldn't find a parking spot out front, and ended up having to park behind the building. Carrying That Kid, because it was snowy, and slushy in the parking lot. Ugh. Got inside, and the line for Kids Club was wrapped around the desk. And the smell...let me tell you about the smell...it was AWFUL. Oh wait...the smell was coming from That Kid's diaper. So, I had to get out of line and take him to change his diaper. Didn't know exactly where to take him, so I ended up taking him to the Women's locker room and told him not to look at anything. :D Crunchy Mama arrived while I was changing That Kid, and once I got him changed, I took him back to Kids Club then did my 50 crunches. By that time, Crunchy Mama was ready, so we hit the treadmill. 1 mile later, Crunchy Mama decided to get on that machine from the Devil. I joined her, for 5 minutes. Ugh. I gave up, and went to do another 2.5 miles on the bike. Came back, and found Crunchy Mama still going at it on the elliptical, so I joined her. I was going to do another 5 mintutes, but only made it 2:15.
After that, we decided to reward ourselves with a trip to the hot tub. Oh my goodness...it was so nice to soak in the tub after all that work! Then we hopped into the steam room, the sauna, and the pool. While we were getting changed, we decided we'd take the kids to lunch since she only had 2 of her 6. Called That Dad and let him know the plan, then went to get That Kid and the Crunchy Kids.
But guess what?!? That Kid had an accident while we were working out. A huge accident. And he had taken his spare pants out of his diaper bag, so he was wearing a diaper and no shoes. So, no lunch for us. We had to come straight home. Oh well.
We'll see what next week brings. I'm hoping to do my crunches every day, which will give me 150 crunches for the week. I just have one question...why is it, if ONE cookie is good; then FIVE is better? Why can't I just stop at one?
No comments:
Post a Comment