Monday, November 2, 2009

Not me Monday

That Kid is not home from school today. He does not have a cough that is deep, and nasty, and coming from his chest. I did not have to cancel a whole bunch of appointments today. He was not going to go see that mean audiologist that made me cry last month, and was not going to have his first real check up at the dentist today. That Dad is also not sick, and I do not have a sore throat and cough. We are not a sick family!!!

I was not going to go work out for the first time in two weeks. Having That Dad home with us three days a week is not making it difficult for me to work out. I do not tell him that I'm going to work out and he does not respond with, "But don't you want to go out for breakfast while That Kid is in school?" I am not a sucker for pancakes, bacon, and sausage. Especially the fancy flavored ones they have at U Jump right now. I think we're not going to have to go there in the next couple weeks so I can try pumpkin and egg nog pancakes.

That Kid has not lost his television privileges for two whole days. Today is not the first day. He did not throw That Dad's Mp3 player in the fish tank on Saturday, thus causing me to take him out of his costume without getting any pictures and keeping him home; and I did not tell him if he threw anything else in the fish tank he would lose his beloved TV time. Last night, after I put him in bed, he did not come get me and show me that he threw the fancy book light that came with my Snuggie in the tank. I did not make him apologize to the fish, because that would just be bizarre. And, I have not had to only tell him once why the TV isn't coming on today (for him, anyway). Nope...none of this is me. NOT ME!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Apologizing to the fish? That's pretty bizarre! But then, if he's going to ruin things, he has to apologize to somebody. Sorry you're all under the weather. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete