Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mortified. That's all I can say.

Today, That Kid went to school. Since it's Thanksgiving week, he only went to school one day this week...and it happened to be today. And I used my time away from That Kid to go grocery shopping for the big day with That Mother-in-law in peace. We got everything we needed, plus the new Vanity Fair magazine with Robert Pattinson on the cover. (Mama, he's Edward in Twilight. Go find a picture of him somewhere. I swear you will want to print the picture out and carry it around with you like Mimi carried the picture of the goats.)

I went back to school to pick up That Kid, and his favorite aide tells me that his nose has been runny all day, green nasty snot, and he couldn't breath. Fabulous. He didn't have a runny green nose yesterday, he didn't have a green runny nose this morning when I dropped him off (that I noticed). But, after I dropped him off his nose started running green, and he couldn't breath. Now that he's back home, he seems to be feeling better (except at lunch when he had some ice cream and got an ice cream headache. He started proclaiming, "My head hurt!" and then ate some french fries.)

But the green snotty nose wasn't the worst of it. Since there are only six kids in That Kid's class, we are required to provide our own snacks each day. Not a big deal. That Kid loves those yogurt melts from Gerber, along with cheese and breadstick dippers, crackers, raisins, and popcorn. I typically send a sippy cup with juice or milk in it, take the cup out each morning after I pick That Kid up, and wash it immediately. Well...Friday was different. We didn't go straight home. And by the time we got home, I just wanted to rest, and get ready to go see New Moon. I thought nothing of the sippy cup of milk that was sitting in his backpack. This morning when I put the cup of juice in his backpack, I didn't see that the cup from Friday was still in the bag because it was covered by his wipes. However, when I was checking his bag after school...THERE IT WAS. Milk, from Friday, sitting in the bag. That Dad said, "CPS should be here any minute, huh?" I'm sure if it happens again they will...but hopefully his teacher will give me a free pass. I may be That Mama, but I'm not THAT irresponsable! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment