Saturday, November 7, 2009

Kids are intuitive

Recently, That Kid is talking to unseen-by-us objects. He waves at the sky and says, "Hi Ghost!" When he's pressed for information, he tells me that the ghost is white, and nice.

Since my father-in-law passed away, That Kid has waved at nothing. It's only been recently (in the last two weeks) that he actually says he sees a ghost. I know that he recently learned the word ghost at school, so I'm not sure if he just now knows what he's seeing, or if he's just being imaginative.

I did show him a picture of my father-in-law and ask him if that's his ghost, and he told me it wasn't, but then said yes it was. Also, since we've moved into this house (That Dad's childhood home, and where my father-in-law passed away), That Dad has had several dreams about his Dad; more vivid than the ones he had at our old house; and we've both been having dreams that he's called us to help us with things around the house. Like something breaks and while That Dad is trying to fix it his cell phone rings and his Dad is calling with instructions and ideas about how to fix it. It's always stuff in the house, and my father-in-law never wants to talk about things that are going on, just wants to tell That Dad how to repair the problem.

Who knows what's going on. If it truly is my father-in-law That Kid is seeing, I'm glad. I've been sad That Kid wouldn't remember his Grampa, but maybe he'll be able to know that his Grampa loves him and is still there for him...even if he can't hug him.

No comments:

Post a Comment