Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The return of the In-Laws

My mother-in-law and step father-in-law will be returning from their summer home in Washington sometime today. And today, of all days, is the day I chose to break down.

I will never be my mother-in-law. And now that we're living in her house, I'm afraid she's going to judge me. I don't keep house like she does, I don't decorate like she does, and I'm just afraid she's going to come in and hate what I've done to her home. I'm afraid at Thanksgiving she's going to hate my turkey, and my gravy...and I don't know why. My mother-in-law is one of the sweetest people I know and we have a great relationship; I know I'm blessed to have such a great mother-in-law. However, I just can't help but feel inadequate.

I never thought I'd have these feelings. And of course, when I told That Dad how I was feeling he said, "Don't worry! We won't even let them in the house!" :)

2 comments:

  1. You'll Be Fine! Love You! Your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mama!!!! Of course when they got here she came in and first thing said, "OH! Everything looks so cute!" :) :) You were right...you're always right. ;)

    ReplyDelete