Monday, May 31, 2010

My brilliant, brilliant boy!

In the last two days, That Kid has hit me with some doozies! His vocabulary is blossoming, and he is so funny. And he knows he's funny, and he likes being funny. ;)

Yesterday when I was strapping him in his car seat on the way home from Church he handed me the picture he colored in his classroom and said, "I made artwork with crayons!" Because that was a huge sentence, and I didn't know he *knew* the word "artwork" I said, "Did you just tell me, 'I make artwork with crayons?'" and he said, "Yes, Mama! Right here!"

And this afternoon, he was waiting for his chocolate milk. He cried for it, and was begging me to make it for him, but as I told him I couldn't touch the milk or the chocolate with my salmonella hands (I was taking the skin off raw chicken). He cried, he begged, he carried on and on and on. And then suddenly, he stopped. And he told me, "H-E-R-S-H-E-Y-S spell chocwit! I SPELL CHOCWIT!" and went on about the "chehwee" on top of the "ice cweam and chocwit". :) I love this kid...he surprises me every single day!!!

1 comment: