On Friday, That Kid bit another little boy at school. I didn't find out about it until TUESDAY. Four days later. Why I wasn't called Friday afternoon, or at all on Monday, I don't know.
Tuesday after school, I saw the father of the child That Kid bit. I went up and said, "Are you kid That Kid bit's Dad? I'm That Kid's Mom." And then, through my tears, proceeded to tell him how sorry I was. He was pretty cold (he did say thank you, but was just kind of disconnected), and made me feel like poop. Turns out that's just him. He went home and told his wife I apologized, and cried, and today they both came to school to talk to me.
Ugh. I cried some more. And since That Dad was at work, I felt ganged up on. They were kind, but it's still uncomfortable when there are two people talking to ONE of you.
The mother was very nice, and she said that her son didn't want That Kid to get in trouble, and that's why he didn't say anything at school. He told her, "But he loves his Mom so much! He runs to her after school!" I'm not sure what that has to do with him getting in trouble or not (I wonder if he thought if That Kid got in trouble he wouldn't love me as much?), but thought it was the sweetest thing I have ever heard.
No comments:
Post a Comment