Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's been five months

Five months ago, I woke up. I bought a scale, and I stepped on that scale, and I wasn't impressed with the number on that scale. I knew I was getting heavier, but I didn't know I was THAT heavy. I don't even want to mention the number I saw...but I will say it was closer to 300 pounds than 200 pounds. And there were people on The Biggest Loser starting out at a weight lower than the number I was seeing. I used to base my weight on people around me. I would see heavier people and say, "I'm fat, but I'm not THAT fat!" and I realized that I probably WAS that fat. I might not have seen it myself, but other people could.

I was going to save this post for my 20 pound weight loss...but I'm very discouraged and need to encourage myself...so this is what I have accomplished in the last 5, almost 6 months.

1. I have lost 18 pounds, officially. One day last week I woke up and was 19 pounds lighter, but I found one pound and it hasn't left again yet. I am almost down past my pre-pregnancy weight from That Kid...but the funny thing is, I only gained 4 pounds when I was pregnant. I gained 19 pounds after he was born. I'm not going to ask how it happened, I know how it happened. I didn't want to waste food, so I'd eat my lunch plus whatever was left over from his. When I would go to a fast food restaurant, I would get two smaller sandwiches.

2. I went almost the entire month of April with not one soda. I started on April 3, and I did it. I allow myself 2 sodas a day now...which is much better than the 4-5 I was drinking a day. I justified it by saying it was diet soda, but really...diet soda, while it has little to no calories, still isn't the best option. Sparkling water with no calories, sugar, and caffeine make me feel just as happy. :)

3. I do SOMETHING almost every day. I either go to the gym and workout for an hour to an hour and a half, or I use the Wii Fit, or I do a Biggest Loser DVD.

4. I HAVE LOST 18 POUNDS!!!!!! I need to be proud of that. I can't let myself thing that I've only lost 18 pounds in 5 months, and I still have a long way to go to get to where I want to be, but I need to be proud of my 18 pound loss.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm slow... but I just realized that 18 pounds over 5 months is about a pound a week. That means... you are RIGHT ON TRACK! :) Go, you! (Please repeat this to me whenever I hit 18 pounds and am discouraged)

    ReplyDelete