Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's snowing...

Yes, you read that right. It is May 12, and snow is falling. It's not sticking, but it has been falling since I picked That Kid up from school 3 hours ago. Stupid Centennial State weather!

I don't know where I've been since Raquel woke us up 2 weeks ago and ruined our Friday...I took a nap, for one thing. And we've been busy trying to get the yard picked up in between snow and rain. It seems that on That Dad's days off it's always doing one or the other!

We also celebrated Mother's Day. :) I love Mother's Day. Well, I do now. But seven years ago I didn't love it so much. Mother's Day falls very near, and sometimes on, the worst day of my life thus far, when I went to bed on a Thursday night full of hope for the child I was carrying and woke up on a Friday morning to cramping and eventually losing that baby the day before Mother's Day. For almost four years Mother's Day was an awful day for me. Especially that first year when a clerk at a store said to me, "Happy Mother's Day....IF you're a mother!" I walked out of that store with my head held high...and cried once I got out to the car, and for several hours after. But now I have That Kid, and while he doesn't always behave the way I wish he would (like when he kicks me, or That Dad...), I love him to pieces.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must tie him up before he breaks the clean dishes in the dishwasher (and get those dishes put away!)!!! I will return soon to post Mother's Day pictures. Trust me...you'll wanna come back for these! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment