Monday, October 19, 2009

Not me Monday



That Family has been busy since moving, for sure! Not only did That Kid start school last week, but we've been making several trips to a certain store that sells things for the bedroom, bathroom, and beyond! We did not go last Tuesday, or last Wednesday, or last Saturday. Saturday's trip did not end up being a great Not me Monday topic. And I did not get a blue Snuggie that I would not be wearing if it were not 80 degrees today!

So........Saturday we ended up not going to that certain store mentioned above. We did not have a coupon for 20% off our ENTIRE PURCHASE. We did not go a little crazy buying things. I did not find an excellent deal on slipcovers for the couch and loveseat in the living room, and we did not get several Christmas presents for That Kid. We're not so prepared for Christmas that we're almost done shopping for That Kid. Nope, not us!

But that's not the best part of the story! Not even close!! Upon returning to That Family Car, That Dad did not unlock the car, throw his keys on the seat and slam the door...only to discover that the car was actually still locked because he hit the wrong button. He did not say to me, "Hey, you have your keys, right?" and I did not say, "Shut up...you're soooooo funny!" He did not pick up the phone to call That Brother-in-Law to ask him to stop by our house and come to our rescue when I did not notice that MY keys were also inside the car, sitting right in the cupholder where I tossed them when we got out of the car to go shopping. And while we did not save $42 on random stuff for the new house, we did not have to spend $85 for a locksmith to come let us in. We were not happy it was only $85. We did not think it was going to be closer to $150, and when the locksmith said, "OK, that'll be $85!" I did not think, "OMG...$185?!? We're eating Ramen for the next month! That includes at Thanksgiving!"

And in great stories about myself, yesterday I did not reach in the fridge for a Golden Arches Apple Pie only to discover they were GONE! I did not say, "Screw you, Pie eater!" and That Kid did not walk around saying "screw you" for the next several minutes. Nope...not me!!

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! Your Not Mes always make me smile. Glad you found good slip covers. I'm still looking. I hope you're not done unpacking, because it's been 3 months and I'm still not there...

    ReplyDelete