Sunday, October 18, 2009

"How's your farm?"

On Facebook, I have a farm. Three, actually. Three farms, a fish tank, and a cafe. And an island. I also have a three year old. A very active three year old who likes to get his toys out of the toy box and scatter them through the house.

I don't think That Dad gets it. He goes to work at 4:50am, and I try to keep things picked up before he gets home at 3:30...but let's face it...That Kid doesn't care if I pick up the house. He wants his toys where HE wants them. He doesn't realize that when That Dad gets home he wants to see the house neatly picked up.

So, honey, when you walk in the house and say, "How's your farm?" I hope you realize that yes, I have tried to pick things up, but That Kid won't let things STAY picked up. I hope you saw this yesterday as, right before the sprinkler man came to blow out the sprinklers I picked up all the toys off the floor and the moment That Kid woke up the toys were in the same spot they were before I picked them up.

And the next time you say, "How's your farm?" you better duck...Thomas the Train just might find your forehead!

No comments:

Post a Comment