Today, while That Dad slaved away at work, I took That Kid to see his first movie! What a success!! I'm still in awe over how well he did, and a little sad that I didn't take my camera to document this momentous event (I did get one blurry picture with my camera phone of him throwing popcorn in his mouth during the previews, but that was it).
We saw Ponyo. It was FABULOUS! I first saw the previews when I went with Crunchy Mama to see My Sister's Keeper and wasn't too sure about seeing this, but I'm glad I listened to Buggy Mama when she said her kids enjoyed it!
Before the movie, we went to the Bullseye store for some treats. That Kid selected gummi worms. I selected Red Vines. :) That Kid also got a Vitamin Water. Then, we drove over to the theatre, got our tickets, got some popcorn (and a soda for yours truly) and found our seats. We chose prime seats, and got there about 15 minutes before the movie started. I was scared. As we entered the theatre, That Kid started yelling, "NO! DARK!" and I though, "Great. Wonder if they give refunds if you have to leave before you can sit in a seat?!?" then we found one of those fabulous booster seats. That Kid just sat there, eating popcorn, drinking Vitamin Water, and took everything in. Didn't try to get out of his seat until the movie was almost over, at which point my never-been-breastfed child place himself across my lap, put his head on my shirt covered boob and said, "BABY!!" made smaking noises and said, "Mmmmmmmmm, good!" SERIOUSLY?!? Where does he come up with this stuff?!?!?!?!? After the movie, we were the last ones out of the theatre. That Kid had to dance to the music during the credits. In the middle of the aisle. It was adorable. And yes, I'd say that even if That Kid wasn't mine. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment