That Dad works at a grocery store. When I met him, almost 10 years ago, he worked nights. And he continued to work nights until about 4 months ago. Now that he works days, this has proved to bring us some good laughs in the evenings when he gets home, telling me all about the odd questions he's received during the day. Here's my very favorite...
Random Customer, holding a gallon of milk: Hi, I have a question for you!
That Dad: Sure, how can I help?
RC: Um, I'm looking at this milk and it says, "CERTIFIED KOSHER". Does that mean it has pickle juice in it? You know, like pickles are kosher?
TD, trying not to laugh: No M'am, kosher is a type of food preparation. There are no pickles, or no pickle juice in it at all!
RC: Oh good! I was afraid this milk was going to taste like pickles!!
And then, of course there are the people who do odd things. At Christmas That Dad worked days for a week, just to help out. And this woman came up and was looking for egg nog without transfats. Hey, that's cool...but look for it yourself. Instead, she stood there while That Dad, for 30 minutes, looked at every single type of egg nog on the shelf reading the list of ingredients. She stood there staring at him, and saying, "My SISTER gets egg nog without transfats, I know it exists!" while he did something that she could have done, or instead of calling her sister and asking what brand of egg nog she had in her fridge.
This is why I'm happy I stay home with That Kid. I'd be fired my first day for telling someone to look up the transfats for themselves...
No comments:
Post a Comment