Yes, my friends, that's what time That Kid went to sleep today. 4:53am. I was exhausted after taking a trailer load over to The Estate (our new house) and told That Dad if we had already eaten I would have gone to bed at 8 (we don't eat until 9:30 or 10 most nights...not by *my* choice...That Dad likes to eat late and I like to eat with That Dad :) ), but as it ended up I stayed up until 11:30. That was after rocking That Kid (who says, "No rock you, please!" when I ask him, "Do you want me to rock you?" Love this guy!) for over an hour. I.was.done.
So, at 11:30 I took That Kid and we got in bed. And he kept getting up. At midnight, he went down to the basement and was playing That Dad's drums. I'm sure the neighbors *loved* that!! But, on second thought, if I was sleeping through the drum solo the neighbors probably did too!! That's when That Dad took over.
They watched Noggin. They played. They rocked, and rocked, and rocked. And That Kid would not go to sleep. Eventually they both came back upstairs. I grabbed a bottle of milk (yes, my almost 3 year old has started taking a bottle at night again. Great Mama, I am!) and rocked him in bed. He was out in about 5 minutes. That Dad was wishing he'd given That Kid milk 4 hours ago. :)
I was especially thankful That Dad was home, and took care of That Kid. He's a great daddy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment