That Kid is so good at sharing! He shared his germies with me! :) So, I've been fighting this cold for a few days now. Tuesday, I lost my voice completely. That Kid enjoyed it, because I couldn't yell at him; only whisper angrily. I have to say, it's much more effective to whisper at him. :) But, knowing that I could not effectively parent our child, That Dad took That Kid to the basement and kept him down there so I could rest my voice. It was back by Tuesday night. :)
But then, the sniffles started. And the coughing. And Wednesday, none of us slept well, because I was up every few minutes coughing. And That Kid was up every few minutes asking for a drink, or for "big hugs". I sounded like Estelle, Joey's agent on Friends; and felt like I had been hit by a semi-truck. Yesterday afternoon, That Dad kept That Kid company while I took a nap. And you know if That Mama's taking a nap, something is very, very wrong.
I'm starting to feel a bit better now, and will hopefully get this kicked by Saturday or Sunday. And I'm also hoping I don't share my germs with That Dad. Last year, we kept passing the same cold from person to person. We were all miserable. I don't want a repeat, thanks!!!
I agree! Sometimes lowering our voice is a better and more effective parenting skill.. =)
ReplyDelete