Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Changes...

Recently, That Kid has been acting shy. Those of you who know That Kid know he's far from shy! However, when we go to school he hides behind the door, and behind my legs. His teachers have to coax him out from behind me to find his name and answer the question of the day (Are you wearing (color) today?).

He LOVES school. Cries when he can't go to school. Asks every day if there is school. And loves walking into the building. It's just physically going into his class that he has issue with for some reason.

The teachers are the same teachers he had last year, so it's not that he's afraid of them. He loves his speech therapist that he works with, and in general does very well. He's been wearing big boy underwear to school every day and not having accidents...until he gets home, that is.

I just wish I could figure out what's going on with him. It makes me sad to have to pry him off me, and then see his little eyes peering back from his teachers arms looking so sad. :( Maybe I'll have That Dad take him to school on Thursday and see if it's any different!

1 comment:

  1. Gids has been doing the same thing, but his teacher says he's back to his old self once I leave. WTH?!

    ReplyDelete