Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I wish there were more of me...

That Mama, That Mom, That Mother...we could figure out more, I'm sure. I just...well...I'm spreading myself too thin. On Sunday, I took That Kid to church when he'd been sick that weekend because I had a booth at the Sale-a-Bration; I had to take cake balls for the bake sale; I had to teach Sunday School; and I had quizzing that afternoon. But, after Sunday School, my co-teacher and I decided that I needed to take him home. So I left my cake balls, and packed up the rest of the stuff.

This Friday, is the Women of Faith conference downtown, and I really, really, really wanted to go. I couldn't afford the $100 ticket though, so I had decided I wouldn't get to go. Until yesterday...I got a phone call from one of the church secretaries. She said there were several free tickets available...but with everything going on this week, I just can't. That Dad is working on Saturday so I can't go Saturday, and when I mentioned I wanted to go on Friday, That Dad wasn't thrilled. He reminded me that I have a lot to do this week and next, and I needed to get it done.

I need to tell one of the women who runs quizzing that I can't paint quiz boxes right now; and I really, really wanted to volunteer at That Kid's school but I don't know if I'm going to be able to. I talked to the director about doing it on Wednesday afternoons, but...well...she never got back to me so I won't mention it again. It's actually nice to be able to relax on Wednesdays...I can drop That Kid off and get things done I need to do. The only problem is I get started doing something and have to quit to go pick him up...and by the time I get back I have lost my motivation.

So...if there were more of me, one of me could have stayed home with That Kid on Sunday. One of me could stay home to keep cleaning when it's time to pick That Kid up from school. One of me could paint quiz boxes. One of me could go to the IEP meeting, while the other stays home to finish getting the house ready for our company. And one of me could stay home Friday and Saturday while the other one goes to the Women of Faith conference this weekend. How many times have other mothers said this? I know I can't be alone...and I knew this was what would happen when we had That Kid. I'm That Kid's mother. I'm not That Mama anymore. My decisions are made based on his needs. I love him to pieces, and he knows that. I just wish that occasionally I could multiply myself to make life easier. :)

1 comment:

  1. love the new look! the older that kid gets the thinner you will find yourself spreading yourself. uggh! bummer about the conference. maybe next time

    ReplyDelete