The biggest thing.....to help him stop biting. :'(
He apparently bit THREE separate kids at VBS last night. I truly don't know what to do with him. And I also don't know why he wasn't removed from the classroom after biting ONE person. Really. I have told him tonight is his last chance. If he is naughty again, I will be calling That Dad and having him come pick That Kid up.
I don't like That kid being...well...THAT Kid. The kid that everyone dislikes. That Kid is a wonderful, sweet, caring boy. He has some delays, and we need to figure out how to work with them...but I really thought the biting phase would be outgrown by now. I know That Kid isn't the first child to bite. I know That Kid isn't biting maliciously, he's biting in retaliation. There is a difference. He doesn't bite (as far as I know) when he wants something someone else has, he bites when someone tries to take a toy from him that HE is playing with.
Last night when we got home, I cried. For quite a while. That Kid saw me crying, and climbed up in my lap. I told him I was crying because he made my heart very, very sad. He got off my lap and sobbed. Threw himself at That Dad's feet and just sobbed. He said, "Mama heart hurt so so bad. I so so sorry Mama!" He's remorseful. He knows when he bites it makes me sad. Yet, he cannot stop. As many different things as I have tried, he won't stop. I just don't know what to do with my little vampire...
No comments:
Post a Comment