This morning, it was my Sunday to work with the toddlers/preschoolers at Church.
When I arrived, they were eating goldfish crackers. Everyone ate goldfish until they were full, then we sat down to sing.
I took requests. This was my first mistake. That Kid shouts out, "O Christmas Tree!" I told him it was April, and we were NOT singing Christmas songs in April. Instead we sang "Deep and Wide", "This Little Light of Mine", "Jesus Loves the Little Children", "Jesus Loves Me", and then That Kid (who had been trying to decide which pretty girl to sit by the whole time...) says, "O Christmas Tree!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese?" and he put his hands together and folded them under his chin. I said, "Fine, we'll sing O Christmas Tree!" and That Kid didn't even sing a word of his beloved "O Christmas Tree". And then another kid pipes up with, "I wanna sing Jingle Bells!" so we sang "Jingle Bells". And then, before anyone else yelled out a Christmas song, I told them we would not be singing any more Christmas songs until at least November. :)
Love it! I just love working with the 2's and 3's... even through the times like this past Sunday where we had one escape artist who screamed until he was taken back to mommy. The kids at my church always request to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". MY kid would be the one wanting to sing Jingle Bells all year round... but I heard someone else's kid singing it in the store the other day so I don't feel so bad! Christmas spirit all year long, right? :) And this only adds to my firm belief that our Kids would get along quite well.
ReplyDelete