Monday, April 5, 2010

Resurrection Rolls...I was right.

That Kid didn't get it. I knew he wouldn't, but I didn't expect our lesson to be so humorous. Am I supposed to laugh hysterically while making Resurrection rolls?

I first told That Kid, in very simple terms, the story of the Crucifixion. Veeery simple terms. Then, I asked him if he knew where Jesus lives, and he said, "Hay-en!" which impressed me, because he didn't say Jesus lived in the Blue House, or Brown House, or Green House (which is what he says when you ask him where people live). Then was discussed how Jesus also lives in our hearts, and went through the list of people we love. "Jesus lives in Coco's heart, and Papa's heart, and Gramma's heart, and Pappy's heart..." I said. To which he replied, "Happy Gramma's Blue House heart?" (He calls his grandmothers Happy Gramma and Papa Coco; my Daddy is just Papa, and That Dad's step-father is "Happy" instead of Pappy) That's where I giggled for the first time.

I went and got the marshmallows out of the pantry. I brought them over, and I told him the marshmallows were Jesus. Then I said, "These marshmallows are......" (trying to get him to tell me Jesus) and he said, "YUMMY!" That's where I started giggling harder.

But, I lost it when I held up a marshmallow and said, "This marshmallow is Jesus." and That Kid grabbed it out of my hand, and with a glare on his face said, "NO! IT THAT KID'S MALLOW!" and ate it.

The Resurrection rolls were tasty, but made a huge mess in my oven. And, That Dad did bring up a very valid point...he said, "When That Kid takes communion for the first time you know he's going to say, 'This isn't the body of Christ! Where's my marshmallow?'"...and then I laughed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment