Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's been a while...

Sorry, my faithful readers!! I have neglected you since getting back from the Golden State!!

We had a lovely trip home. That Kid and I usually fly, which is good because it gets us to the Golden State in one day and we get more time with That Onna and That Papa, but it's bad, because we never get to explore. I did a lot of the driving home, because That Dad wasn't feeling well. Now I know I could do it, if I wanted to. I don't think I would drive alone with That Kid, because I need someone to keep me company (and That Kid isn't any good...he's too busy watching movies!), but maybe a friend would want to come with me or something.

We're getting prepared for Easter tomorrow. Yesterday we colored eggs, and I didn't take a single picture. That Mother-in-Law did, though...so I don't feel so bad. Tomorrow, That Kid is going to sit in the church service with me and watch the cantata. I'm hopeful he'll be good. I know he'll enjoy the music! He told me he wants to take his Easter bath tomorrow, so it's going to be a busy morning for me!! At least he'll be clean and smell nice! :) After Church, we're going to the in-law's for dinner.

Tonight, That Kid and I will make Resurrection Rolls ( http://www.dltk-kids.com/recipes/resurrection_rolls.htm ). I know he's not going to understand yet, but I want to get started teaching him the real meaning of Easter early. Yes, he gets presents on Easter, but they're not from the bunny, they're from Mama and Daddy. Yes, we colored eggs, but that's for fun. And yes, we're going to hide eggs, but we're not doing that until Tuesday. It will still be a fun day for him, but I want him to concentrate on the true meaning. The earlier I start, the better.

May you all have a blessed Easter! He is risen!

1 comment: