It's hard to forgive others. You know why they wronged you, they know why they wronged you, yet we're still supposed to forgive. I do not think we're supposed to pretend the wronging never happened, because some of us were made with memories that do not forget. I am one of those people. I remember random, stupid things that no one else remembers.
Today in Church, at the end of the service, That Pastor said he was feeling called by the Spirit to pray for healing. He asked all that needed healing to come forward. That Pastor wanted to pray for physical healing, and healing for relationships. He then asked for people who believe and have Faith that God is the divine healer to come forward. As I went forward, I wanted to stand near Crunchy Mama and support her (Baby Crunchy is on oxygen and the doctors don't know why), but ended up behind Those Renters, who had come up to ask for prayer. After they saw me this morning as I took That Kid to the toddler room, and didn't even speak to me, and went as far as to look the other way, that was the LAST place I wanted to be standing. But, as others were filling in around me, there was no where else for me to go.
That Pastor prayed for each person there, and at the end he told us to hug someone. I hugged the woman next to me, and took my seat. Everyone filed up the aisle, and the last person up the aisle was Renter Dad. My body and my mind were two separate things as I jumped out of my seat and grabbed him and hugged him. I told him I am praying for him and Renter Mom, and he cried and said, "I love you." Then, as I was leaving the sanctuary, I saw Renter Mom. I went over and hugged her, too. I told her that I loved her, and was praying for them. She said, "That means a lot. Thank you, so much."
Have I forgotten what happened between us? I don't think I'll ever forget. I remember that in 1995 when one of my BFFs was leaving for college and I went to tell her goodbye, she was wearing a shirt with a troll on it. I hugged her and got lipstick on her shirt. I was listening to Natalie Cole's "Unforgettable, with Love" album. And, I remember the sun was shining. There are very few things I forget.
So, no, I won't forget...but I do forgive. That's all I can do. And by me forgiving them, I hope it will be an example to That Dad to forgive them, too.
I am proud of you! Sounds like an exhausting service at church today, but sounds liek it might have been exactly what your church needed ( and you:) ) You won't forget... cuz you def have a crazy memory.
ReplyDelete