Last week, That Papa and That Onna came for a visit. While they were here, we had an ultra sound, and discovered the gender of That Baby.
I was convinced we were having a girl. I have been far more sick with That Baby than I was with That Kid; That Baby's heart rate was 171 at our 12 week ultra sound, they did a quick gender check at our 12 week ultra sound and even though That Baby was in the perfect position the tech couldn't see anything AND the tech said if she were guessing the gender she would guess girl.
I'm glad I didn't take her word for that...my daughter has a penis. :) That Kid is getting a brother. He took the news much better than I thought he was going to...he was convinced he was going to get a sister. He has told me from the minute I told him we were getting a baby that it was a girl baby, and he would be having a sister. When I told him that he may get a brother he said, "I will make faces at a brother!" But, That Onna, That Gramma and I brought him some blue balloons back and he was thrilled with the balloons and hasn't said anything bad against a brother since finding out. ;)
I'm still getting sick on occasion, and I'm still quite exhausted, but this pregnancy is going much better than my pregnancy with That Kid did. Perhaps my body knows how to handle these extra hormones now!
No comments:
Post a Comment