Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's not my fault!!

I know I've been gone for a while, but it's not my fault!!

A couple weeks ago, our computer started acting funny. When it went to sleep, it wouldn't wake up. The lights on the front panel quit working, and you would have to turn it off and back on in order to wake it up.

Then, That Dad suggested we just tell it to not go to sleep...so that's what I did. And the fan started blowing at a crazy high rate of speed...then it just shut down one day and wouldn't come back up no matter what we did. I told That Dad, "I'm OK...I still have my iPod...I can still get online and read at least!!" but within 20 minutes of me saying that, my iPod broke, too! That was last Monday.

Tuesday morning, I woke up and took the computer and my iPod to the Geek Squad for repair. The Geek that helped me opened the tower and said, "Oh crap..." then brought it back over to me, showing me that some of the connectors on the motherboard were not concave anymore, and the motherboard was blown. Since my iPod was plugged in to the computer at the time the motherboard blew, it took that out, too! I was disappointed, because the Geek asked me if we'd had any blue flames. Apparently when this happens, the memory cards sometimes catch fire and shoot blue flames out the front of the tower. We hadn't. That would have been pretty dang cool, though!! I mean, until the whole "Oh, there's a fire in our computer!" thing set in and I had to grab the extinguisher! ;)

We went back to the store and bought a new computer we didn't have the money for, got my iPod repaired, and after having the Geeks put the information from our old computer onto the new computer, we're back up and running! Last week was probably the longest week of my life! ;) I told one of my friends, "I have never felt so disconnected in my entire life!" It's amazing how dependent our lives have become on technology. I read the news online, I communicate 98% of the time with my friends online, and my night time treat, watching episodes of The Office before bed, is brought to me by NETFLIX on demand. It was a sad, sad week. I'm just glad to be back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment