Wednesday, November 24, 2010

We are Thankful!!!!!

Shortly after That Kid's 4th Birthday (well, exactly one week), I woke up at 5 in the morning and decided to take a pregnancy test. This is what I saw...



I kept the news to myself for all of two and a half hours before I called That Papa and That Onna, thinking they'd be awake. They weren't. They are usually up before the chickens, so this surprised me. But, they were up after I told them they have to come back for a visit in June to see the newest addition, That Baby!!

We were cautiously optimistic for a few weeks until we had that first appointment to make sure That Baby was OK, then we told That Mother-in-Law and That Step-Father-in-Law (who were walking around a department store. I told That Mother-in-Law she was getting a new grandbaby while she was shopping!!). Last Friday, I had another appointment, and we heard the baby's heartbeat, so That Dad and I decided to make it "Facebook and Blog" official. :)

I will be 10 weeks on Friday, which is a scary point for me. I just want to be past 10 weeks and into week 11, so I am asking for prayers that week 10 will pass quickly and uneventfully. I need to remember that God is in control through all of this and that he knows the plans he has for this Baby. It's still hard to not worry.

That Kid is thrilled and would like a girl baby to name either "Good Girl", "Weesa", or after himself. I told him none of those options will work for us. That Dad suggested Cody Dakota for a girl, and I told him that sounded like a porn star or stripper, and that he had to keep thinking. I wanted to name the baby Celia, and that has been vetoed by just about everyone (meaning That Dad and That Onna). We have a while. That Baby will have a name by June...so I won't freak out until May or so. Just as long as we're not finalizing names as I am wheeled in for my c-section, which is what happened with That Kid. He had a first name, but we were still discussing middle names. In the end, That Dad won, and That Kid's middle name was selected from a (short) list of heavy metal lead singers (James) instead of my suggestion of a conservative talk show host (Glenn). :)

1 comment:

  1. :) So glad to see a post on here (and love the new labels... well, maybe not that morning sickness one)

    ReplyDelete