Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm that BUSY Mama!!

I really don't know what I've been doing for the last couple weeks...except being busy!

Work isn't keeping me busy though...last week I worked a grand total of 3 hours. Sure hope that check doesn't put us into the next income bracket when we go get our taxes done!! That would suck!

Although, last Sunday (a week ago), That Pastor asked me if I would be able to put together a choir for Christmas...so I spent most of last week putting the music together. I ended up putting 9 songs together, 7 of which the rock stars that make up the choir have done before. And the other 2 are going to be sung in unison, so that's awesome and easy. Last night was our first rehearsal, and there was a good turn out (I think I counted 23 people), so I was super pleased. And there were FIVE people who haven't joined the choir before, so new people always make me super, super happy!!!

This week, I have four shifts at work, but three of them are call-in shifts. Won't know if I work until an hour before I am supposed to go in. Don't they know I just bought a bunch of lovely outfits to wear, and want to show them off?!? It wouldn't be so bad if I could have worn what I already have in my closet (I have some nice, nice stuff!); but no. It's OK...it's a tax write off. :)

We still have to figure out what we'll be doing for Thanksgiving, too. Not sure if That Dad's extended family will be joining us, or not. I told That MIL I don't mind hosting the dinner, but she had to make the phone calls and invite everyone because she's still the Matriarch. :) Last year, That Dad's extended family came for appetizers; then a few hours later, That Dad, That MIL, and That Step-FIL and I had dinner. It was a late meal, and That Dad said he doesn't want to do that again. The man who refuses to start discussing what we're going to eat for dinner until 9PM doesn't want to eat Thanksgiving dinner at 7PM. He wants to eat Thanksgiving dinner at 3. He said you have to eat Thanksgiving dinner during the football game. He makes me crazy, sometimes. He also said that he would be "pissed if there were no pumpkin pie" when I told him I wanted to make a pumpkin cake instead. OK, OK...we'll have pumpkin pie. I'll make my pumpkin cake for Christmas or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment