This year, I was sick on Saturday. I wasn't feeling 100% yesterday, either. But, I did manage to get That Kid to his school carnival on Friday night (complete with an over-the-top magician that reminded me of those guys from The Upside Down Show). He had a great time!! I convinced him to dress up as a firefighter, and said I would go as a dalmatian. We were super cute.
I will tell you, 45 seconds after this picture was taken, I ripped all those stupid black dots off my costume. They wouldn't stay put, and I kept having to pick them up off the floor. Irr-i-tat-ing!!! I was an un-spotted Dalmatian, but we were still adorable!!
Last night, we asked That Kid if he wanted to stay home and pass out candy, or go trick-or-treating. First, he said go out. Then he said stay home. Then he saw his first trick-or-treaters and decided he wanted to go out again. I thought maybe he would be happy coming up to our house, ringing the doorbell and saying Trick or Treat, then getting some of our candy. But, That Dad took him to four houses. He made out like a little bandit, and brought home tons of candy and a cool Clifford book. Then he sat under the table, sneaking candy. We had told him several times he couldn't have any more, and he just kept getting it. LOL We're great disciplinarians around here! ;)
I was sad though, because when he was getting ready to go he turned to me and said, "You go be a puppy, Mama?" :( Maybe we'll get to go next year; and we'll all be well. Maybe we'll even get to have a cool family costume like farmers (and Camden could be an animal), or something. That would be fun.
I was sad though, because when he was getting ready to go he turned to me and said, "You go be a puppy, Mama?" :( Maybe we'll get to go next year; and we'll all be well. Maybe we'll even get to have a cool family costume like farmers (and Camden could be an animal), or something. That would be fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment