This morning something awful happened. I was trying to get ready for church; so I went to run my bath and the cold water faucet has been acting up in the tub. It's been loose, you see. But, it's been OK; because if I held it juuuuuuuustright; I could manipulate it to turn on.
I turned the faucet today, and...nothing. I thought, "Well, I didn't have it in the right spot. I'll adjust it a bit!" and...nothing. I gave it one more try; and finally it turned on. But then, it wouldn't turn off. At all. I tried everything I could think of...NOTHING. That sucker didn't budge.
I called That Dad at work, and he said he would try to come home for a few minutes to get it fixed, but I told him that wasn't necessary; if he would tell me how to shut the water off to the bathroom. Turns (or not turns...) out; in our house that can't be done. It's all, or nothing. Right now, it's nothing. And on our way home from church That Kid requested chicken for lunch. Not thinking clearly, I ordered baked chicken from the Southern Chicken Restaurant. I had to wash my hands with leftover coffee from breakfast. I wish I were kidding, but I'm not.
Off to go try to fix the faucet; because I'm not taking a bath in coffee tomorrow! As delicious as that sounds, going to That Kid's IEP meeting smelling like the inside of Flaming-ball-of-gas Dollar would probably get me some odd looks. And perhaps a call to CPS since they would know we didn't have running water!!
IT IS OFF!! Not very hard at all; once I was relaxed and not trying to turn it off with the water running full force! ;) New knobs need to be purchased...we'll do that this afternoon or tomorrow morning, probably. :)
ReplyDelete