Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The saddest time

That Papa, That Onna, and That Tia (my best friend from high school) were all here last week to celebrate That Kid's birthday. Well, That Papa and That Onna arrived on the 4th, and That Tia arrived on the 6th; and they left on the 12th and 15th, respectively. Funny side note...when I used to hear people use "respectively" describing people I used to think it was because they were dead; and I would get so sad for them.

Anyway....we had a great time! That Kid turned 4, and we went to the Fire Station for a visit. He went nuts!! He examined every single thing on the trucks, and especially loved the Fire Truck "chitchen". That Onna and That Gramma liked the kitchen at the station, too! Huge refrigerators and ovens, and tons of space!!

After his Fire Station visit, we came home for his party. There was a fire truck ice cream cake, and every single spot that could be was covered in fire truck streamers, balloons, confetti...everything you could think of! That Onna said, "It only happens once a year!" which is a good thing...I couldn't handle That Kid having two birthdays a year! :)

But...when all the fun ended, it was time to say goodbye. As That Papa and That Onna got out of the car to go to the airport, I said to them , "Take your s*it and go!" which is a family joke. It's supposed to make us not cry. It doesn't work. :) I didn't cry until I got back in the car...then I started sobbing.

When That Tia rolled up her air mattress and put her linens in the basement, I cried again. The room looks so empty...still. I keep walking by expecting to see her stuff in there, and it's not. :(

All my crying prompted That Dad jokingly to say, "If you keep crying every time someone leaves, they won't come back to see you anymore!" which made me cry harder. It's OK though...I know I will see them again soon. Very, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment