That Kid will be three and a half in April. I would think by now I could do things without him, and he could manage to not get into trouble. But no, I can't.
Yesterday, I was trying to clean up the kitchen before That Dad came home from work. When I noticed That Kid wasn't sitting on the couch like I thought he was, I went looking for him. I found him in the bathroom. With a tube of toothpaste. A tube of toothpaste that was full, prior to That Kid getting his grubby mitts on it. The toothpaste was a quarter of the way gone when I found him. And the sink was bright green, and smelled minty-fresh! Then, That Kid said, "My toothbrush! It down the hole!" Yeah, he threw his toothbrush down the drain. Thankfully, I was able to retrieve it. Now his toothbrush is in the dishwasher being disinfected.
Today, while I was in the bathroom, I left That Kid in the family room playing quietly. When I came back (all of 5 minutes later), That Kid had the Costco sized bottle of Hershey's Chocolate syrup out. And he had put quite a bit in his glass. Of apple juice. And there was quite a bit more on his train tracks, and the table. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING.
That Dad suggested from now on I tie That Kid to the table with his leash when I have to leave the room for more than a few seconds. I think he's on to something.
No comments:
Post a Comment