That Dad, how I love thee. However, there are some things that need to be addressed.
1. PLEASE...when I ask that my *new* clothes aren't put in the dryer, take note. If you haven't seen me wear it often, it's new. If you've never seen me wear it, it's new. On second thought, why don't you just hang all of my shirts to dry. That will be easier.
2. Do you remember *why* we had to install a lock on the fridge?? Just checking. As I take the chocolate syrup from That Kid for the 88th time today, I am pondering why it's so hard for you to remember to lock the fridge.
3. Same thing goes for the gate. Close the gate behind you when you go to the basement, and That Kid won't follow you. I promise. He can NOT open the gate. If you remember to close the gate behind you, That Kid won't ruin your Jeep model you made when you were 12. He won't de-alphabetize the CDs, he won't screw around with your movies, he won't steal the stuff from your music room. The only reason this happens is because the gate isn't closed.
4. Please remember that I am trying. I try to pick things up, but it's hard when I pick up one box of toys only to have That Kid dump out another box, or worse yet, dump coffee or birdseed all over the house.
5. I love you. More than you probably know. I'm so thankful for you, and when I think of how my life could have ended up I'm grateful that I took the plunge and left the only life I ever knew to pursue a life with you. :)
Wow. Know what you mean about the dryer, except it's me who screws that up in our house. You have to lock your fridge? Smart kid. Hope he doesn't feed That Freaking Bird the coffee instead of the seed...
ReplyDeleteOh yes...we have to lock the fridge. That Kid gets chocolate syrup, yogurt (which he opens), cheese, milk...there have been nights when he's gone to bed throwing a huge fit because I wouldn't let him sleep with a bag of shredded cheese. Seriously...I wish I were making this up.
ReplyDelete