Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sad and shocking...

As I write this, most of you have already heard that Michael Jackson has died at the age of 50.

I remember when I was in the 1st grade, my Mama and Daddy bought me a BEAT IT night gown for Christmas. I was so awesome in that night gown. It was pink, and said BEAT IT in gold cursive glitter across the front.

I also remember when he was burned while filming the Pepsi commercial, and I remember the irreverent version of the Pledge of Allegiance I recited to my Pastor's wife when I was 7 that made reference to his getting burned.

This just shows how you never know what's going to happen when you wake up. Michael Jackson probably never thought he'd end up dead by lunch when he woke up this morning. Hug your loved ones tight, and make sure your life is right with God...you never know if you're going to have to be turned away from the pearly gates because you didn't think your time was up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment