Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chugga Chugga Choo Choo!!

What's that you hear? Oh yes! The Potty Train!!!

After trying for several months, taking a break when we moved and starting again, That Kid is finally interested in going potty on the toilet!!! I ask him a few times a day if he wants to go, and he will do it...for a price. ;) And that boy's currency is something I would have never, ever thought of. At the beginning, he got M&Ms. But, those aren't his currency. Not Cheerios, not raisins, not goldfish crackers. That Kid will do just about ANYTHING for........are you ready?? It's totally unexpected.........hearts. Candy hearts.

Thankfully I stocked up after Valentine's Day. I bought a bag that had 48 individual bags in it, a bag of large hearts, a bag of small hearts, and four large boxes (theatre candy sized) of hearts that sparkle. He also gets a CARS sticker for his chart. As of right now he has seven stickers. Last night he earned a small game for getting five stickers. I'm just glad That Dad and I stocked up on toys and games at the Bulls eye store after CHRISTmas. We're set. We even already have his BIG gift...a train table. He needs 50 stickers for that, though. It's been taunting him for about 2 months...and he keeps asking for it. At least now he knows that once he gets 50 stickers he gets it. But, he can only count to 20-10, so he doesn't know how many 50 is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment