Tuesday, June 28, 2011

That Helpful Kid

Since That Baby's arrival, That Kid has been extremely helpful. Maybe helpful isn't the right word. Some of the great things he's done...

1. Today when That Baby was crying, That Kid decided it was because he wanted "bottle food" (we told him That Baby's food comes from a bottle, he's not allowed to feed him anything. ;) ). He got me a bottle, a bag of milk, a nipple, and the cap from one of my collection bottles. So helpful!!

2. When he decides That Baby's been crying too long, That Kid puts his hand over That Baby's mouth. So helpful!!

3. Saturday, That Baby was being extra needy. I couldn't put him down. That Dad was at work, and had to stay an extra hour because the schedule was messed up and That Dad was the only person from his department at the store. He had to stay there until the next person came. I didn't get to eat until almost 3pm...and that was because I decided to let That Baby cry while I made lunch (breakfast?!?) for myself. I put him in his bassinet in the living room and kept telling myself he was safe in his bassinet while I made my food (sandwiches and chips...it should have taken me all of 5 minutes). Then I heard That Baby choking. I went running to the living room where I found That Kid with That Baby's bulb syringe shoved halfway down That Baby's throat. I yelled at That Kid, who immediately went running to his room crying, "I'm bad! I'm bad!" Then That Kid, That Baby, and That Mama were all three crying. It was lovely. But...That Kid was just being helpful. So helpful!!

All in all, we've made a nice adjustment from a family of three to a family of four. I'm still trying to find the balance in having two kids, trying to make time for That Kid (even if it's just my undivided attention at bedtime). That Baby will be a month old on Friday...I think we're doing pretty well for having a month old baby! :)

1 comment:

  1. All in all, we've made a nice adjustment from a family of three to a family of four. I'm still trying to find the balance in having two kids, trying to make time for That Kid (even if it's just my undivided attention at bedtime). That Baby will be a month old on Friday...I think we're doing pretty well for having a month old baby! :)

    ReplyDelete