I really dislike this time of year. The time of year when Cadbury Eggs are abundant (both Creme and Mini); and Candy Corn is pastel instead of yellow, orange, and white; Sweetarts come in animal shapes; and jelly beans are available in tons of delicious flavors you can't normally get (just yesterday I saw FOUR varieties of STARBURST jelly beans alone!).
I have no self control. I need my Creme Eggs. I need my Mini Eggs. And, I need to hide them from That Kid.
So, I buy these things, and I hide them. Or I think I hide them, anyway. I have a huge bucket from my trip to see Eclipse last Summer. They put deeeeeeeeeelicious, buttery movie theatre popcorn in it, which I ate. And now I hide my Easter candy in. Until a couple of days ago, I thought I was doing well...but when I got out of the shower That Kid came running up to me and told me, "Mama. We need more CANDY. It's gone." And gone it was. That Baby ate it. Well, I helped. But it was *for* That Baby.
I'm thinking That Kid is going to hate his brother before he even arrives if I don't stop telling him that things in my Twilight bucket are "for the baby", or that the sourdough bread (he calls it tias, no idea why, and then takes the bag and eats the bread under the train table) I've been craving is "for the baby", or even that he can't sit on my stomach because he's squishing his brother. Maybe I'll share my hidden candy after all...
No comments:
Post a Comment