Sunday, March 27, 2011

We're a NASCAR family!!

In the last couple years, I have really started enjoying NASCAR, and so does That Kid. His favorite driver is Jimmie Johnson. I also like Jimmie Johnson, but after this year's run at Daytona, I also really, really like Trevor Bayne (I don't discuss the fact that I was starting high school the year he was born...though he was born in February and I started high school in September, it was still the same year).

Every Sunday, That Kid and I argue. I tell him to cheer for Trevor AND Jimmie, and he refuses. "I only cheer Jimmie! Jimmie soooooooooo fast! He my only Jimmie in the whoooooooooooooole world! I no wike Trebor!"

If you don't follow NASCAR, you may not know that Jimmie's number is 48. Or, as That Kid says, 4-8. I have to explain that though, so this next part will make sense. :)

For some reason I don't know, there is a box of plastic spoons sitting on our workbench in the garage. It's a box of 48 spoons. That Kid saw them and said, "Those Jimmie spoons!!" It was then that I knew...we're a true NASCAR family. We find the NASCAR aspect in our every day lives...even in boxes of plastic spoons. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment